Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Avocado Hummus


March 20th: Blood Sugar Regulation

Avocado Hummus
Makes about 2 cups

Ingredients
1 1/2 cup cooked garbanzo beans (chickpeas)
¾ cup cilantro, chopped
1 avocado, chopped
2 tbs. tahini
1 garlic clove, minced
juice and zest of 1/2 a lime
1 tsp. jalapeno, minced
1 tbs. nutritional yeast
1 tsp. extra virgin olive oil.
1/4 tsp salt
a pinch of black pepper
Carrot and Pepper Sticks

Directions
Blend in a food processor until thick and creamy, adding a tablespoon or two of water as necessary.
Serve with crunchy carrot and bell pepper sticks












12 comments:

  1. Really good! I liked the bit of spice!
    Lili

    ReplyDelete
  2. The humus was really good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This has been my favorite so far!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i loved this. but i would eat it with chips.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The red juice tasted like it was just made of beets.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The hummus was pretty good but compared to the donuts and muffins they were ok.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It was really good, but I would leave out the cilantro.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really liked this and if I made it at home I would put more cilantro in it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This wasn't my favorite. I think it had to much garlic.

    ReplyDelete
  10. i LOVED IT! We could have added less garlic, but it was still really good.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I loved this recipe!! I would have added more spices to it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I Think that these things are going to be good

    ReplyDelete