Monday, April 30, 2012

Who knew squash could be so yummy.......

Delicious Squash Bites:


1 delicata or acorn squash
1 tbs. maple syrup 
1 tbs. honey 
1 tbs. olive oil 
1/4 tsp. salt 
4 oz. cheddar cheese 
2 crisp apples 

  1. Slice squash into thin slices, leaving skin on and remove seeds.  
  2. Place slices on cookie sheet covered with parchment paper.
  3. Drizzle with maple syrup or raw honey.
  4. Lightly brush with olive oil and sprinkle with salt.
  5. Roast in preheated oven at 350 for 10-15 minutes until golden brown.
  1. Slice apples and cheddar cheese while squash is in the oven.
  2. Top squash slices with cheese, letting it melt.
  3. Top with apple slices and enjoy!



29 comments:

  1. I really loved how easy these were to make ... and so tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those were really good. I liked how they had maple syrup and honey

    ReplyDelete
  3. Colin,
    If you have never liked squash you should try these there amazing, and I've never liked squash.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These were okay, but I really don't like summer squash all that much. Could you make this with winter squash?

    -Isabel

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really liked these which is weird because i don't normally like squash

    ReplyDelete
  6. They were made with winter squash!
    And awesome, too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh.
    Then I have no problem with 'em! These are awesome :D

    -Isabel

    ReplyDelete
  8. Surprisingly a great snack. The maple syrup really finished it off.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I wonder why the apple made it taste so yummy? I liked the apple on top. Healthy and delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Bailey, you are totally correct. The apple was a good touch.

    ReplyDelete
  11. these were really good
    i already made them

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think that this was one of my favorite things that we made. I think it was amazing. - Cheyanne

    ReplyDelete
  13. yum yum yum yum yum yum yum yum yum yum yum yum yum yum yum yum yum yum yum yum yum yum yum yum yum yum yum yum yum yum yum yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This totally changed my mind about squash.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I think EVERYONE should try All of these dishes

    ReplyDelete
  17. I think EVERYONE should try ALL of the dishes

    ReplyDelete
  18. I didn't like it because I'm not a fan of squash.

    ReplyDelete
  19. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete